I have to apologise for the lack of blogging. It's been a while between posts and I only have tonsillitis to blame. But now that I have my voice and a bit of energy back, I have a lot to be thankful for...
- lovely friends who check in to see how you're going.
- a cat miraculously healing his sore paw without an expensive trip to the vet. I'm looking at you Claude, what a relief.
- getting some days' work at a lovely school.
- a little girl wearing her new hearing aid and having her teachers tell me what a difference it's been making. I'm looking at you darling Clementine, good girl!
- beautiful drenching rain to fill the tanks and kick-start rose season!
- true love....ahhh....Sherby and I were at a beautiful wedding recently and all I could think about was how happy endings and new beginnings are possible and how dreams really can come true...I know, mush mush mush...you can imagine the tears, I was bawling like a baby. So embarrassing.
- husbands who dance at weddings! Sherby, I'm looking at you, we didn't know you had it in you!
- compliments. Let me tell you, if ever you need a bit of a pick me up, help out in a kindergarten class. The compliments from the five and six year olds are overwhelming. You'll walk out of there on cloud nine believing that your hair really is beautiful, as is your outfit and jewellery and lipstick and you'll feel this way all afternoon. I can highly recommend it.
- kids who stun you with their poetry homework.
- and rainbows on the days I really need them. Took the photos above one Sunday not long ago on a really special weekend for the kids in the family. I know I harp on about the rainbows but I do see them as a gift and am so grateful when they appear.
Am joining in with you Bron!