This post should come with a warning: it's heavy on the pink side! But I don't think I can take photos of my week without including a bit of pink, it's all over this house!
- I couldn't take my eyes off that sky the other day, those clouds were doing all sorts of weird and wonderful things.
- See? Stunning!
- That fern is so happy in this corner, must be all the beautiful morning light it gets.
- Here's a close up of dear Martha. Really resembling her camel heritage here, she's just lovely.
- Can you see Clemmie's reflection in the glass cupboard doors? She stands in front of it everyday, doing all her dance moves and admiring herself in the glass. So cute! And see how I've directed your attention towards the cupboard and away from the washing piled up, as usual, on the daybed down the hall?
- And they said it wasn't a good spot for the icebergs when I planted them in August. Look at them, all flowering for the first time, loving their garden bed. (She says as the weekend wind has knocked them nearly horizontal!)
- More pink. Clementine's floor lately, glitzy shoes, fairy wings, and the soccer ball she kicks around with Felix most nights.
- This was Brunch last Sunday. Sherb has been craving pancakes so I finally made them for him. Complete with a set table and bunch of roses. Spoiled.
So that was last week. This next week might include photos of the parched garden, struggling in the late-30 degree heat that has hit us over the last few days. Summer, you're a bit early! It brought with it the first snake sighting of the season, a tiny baby brown (?) sitting in the courtyard yesterday. By the time I'd stopped squealing and Sherb had found his boots, it was gone. Hopefully to a land far far away, along with its mother, who, please God, has packed up the siblings and is long gone too.