You can tell you're on holidays when you have no idea what day it is. I know it's January 1st but it took me a while to work out what day of the week we're on. We've been having a lovely time with no routine and the weather has been simply gorgeous. So much beautiful rain! You can find us hanging out with friends or filming action shots on the trampoline (Felix), in a DVD marathon between Wiggles and Play School (Clemmie) or flat out sleeping (Ruby Doo). As for Sherb and I, we've been reading!
Here's what the last couple of weeks has looked like...
- Handmade Christmas gifts, made at school with love from Felix.
- Am not ready to take down the tree and all the decorations, still love everything twinkling away at night.
- Took this on the weekend when we went back in time to the middle of winter with rain and fog galore and the most stunning sunset.
- Stars of Bethlehem...
- We went with a "found" theme for the Christmas wrapping. In other words, what I already had around the house; stickers, brown paper, streamers and lots of neon pink and green. As Al called it on Instagram, it was a high vis Christmas!
- The Christmas table set for lunch with the extended family. Was beautiful.
- Our Christmas table at home.
- Just about to start the top one, but finished the bottom three, loved them.
- Summer Memories rose on the bedside table.
- What's Christmas without a bit of Barbie?
- And last night's sky, sunset on New Year's Eve. My parents came out for lunch yesterday and dad couldn't get over how green everything is, he thought he was in Ireland too!
And in amongst it for me, lots of taking in the view, prayer and meditation on the year just gone and the year ahead. Can't quite wrap my head around it just yet. But hope that this New Year brings calm, peace and safety for everyone. Happy New Year to you xx