|I bought these little beeswax candles this week and just loved the box they came in. Was lovely to be reminded of that phrase again.|
For a little while now I've been thinking I should really write down the things that I'm grateful for. I'm always inspired by those that do, especially you Bron, who has been doing it for so long. So I've decided that I will too. I can't guarantee that I'll join in every week as we can all see I'm such an erratic blogger, but I will give it a red-hot go.
So these last couple of weeks I've been grateful for
- the beautiful messages, gifts and love we received last week on Daisy's anniversary.
- spending time with family and friends during the school holidays.
- the relationships my children have with their cousins and how much they all love each other.
- no soccer during the holidays which meant I could go back to the gym early on a Saturday morning! It's been a very long time...
- finding time to read, alone!
- being able to provide our kids with warm food and beds every night.
- a husband who comes home every night (after so many years working away).
- a husband who comes home every night with arms full of firewood and keeps the fire burning all night long (I was never able to do that when he was away).
- beautiful, caring respite workers who gave Ruby a little holiday during her holidays. It took us a long time to find them and Ruby's excitement when she knows she's spending a couple of days with them in respite in the school holidays always makes me feel relieved that she's safe and happy. Am so thankful for that.
- how happy our kids were going back to school and pre-school this week, am always grateful that they seem to love school so much (it took poor old Ruby a long time to start loving school), and that they have such gorgeous teachers too.
- the progress that Clemmie's speechie and I are seeing in her at the moment, despite ongoing ear infections this year. We're heading down the hearing aid track shortly, and she's been trying so hard to do all the things she's been asked. Small steps little girl!
Joining in over here with Bron for her Thursday Thankfuls.