So technically, these are the photos I took of my week, the week before last! Is anyone still reading here?
- Well I've been reading, but just not this blog. I've picked Burial Rites up and put it down a few times over the past couple of years but finally got through it. And all I can say is, "holey dooley Agnes"! Also, how does one young Australian woman write so evocatively about Iceland? I was right there with her! Incredible. I enjoyed The End of Your Life Book Club for the list of future reads it gave me (and the insight into the mother and son relationship, as well as learning about the inspirational mother). And am happy to read anything Judith Lucy writes too.
- These hotter than hot days are great for pizza dough proving, but once it's risen, trying to knead it into something resembling a pizza base is too hard. Too hot!
- Pastel pink Pierre de Ronsard and Mary roses for Melbourne Cup day.
- Speaking of Cup day, these beautiful creations arrived home from pre-school: a couple of gorgeous fascinator-slash-hats, heavy on the pipe cleaners, netting, cellophane and confetti! Too cute.
- The ferns are coming back after I gave them all haircuts and a bit of fertiliser a few weeks ago, I love that green.
- Blooms on the lemon tree.
- Lately Clemmie's been dressing herself, choosing all her own outfits, not caring whether it's too hot for leggings and a beanie or not. She's becoming very partial to anything shiny. Too many sequins and glitter is not enough. She's her mother's daughter, that's for sure.
- Couldn't get over the sky the other night. The light was incredible. So theatrical!
I know it's fast becoming a blog of occasional weekly photos, am okay with that for the time being, even if I can't keep up with the weeks! Hope you're all well xx